Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Things I Mark

I am on the lookout for inspiration.

When I read, I read with pencil in hand. I mark lines, record quotes, make note of thoughts. This is the training of a degree in English. But I've found that the pencil helps me process.

I have been looking for a way to record these inspirations. It is the notes that get lost. The marks stay in the books where I left them, but the recorded quotes, the thoughts and interpretations end up scattered. I've attempted notebooks, journals, lists. But the day I don't have the right notebook on hand is the day it falls apart.

It is possible that a collection of inspirations, instructions, quotes and thoughts would be interesting and useful to someone other than myself. So I'll share them. It will be a look at the writing process. The quotes of literary masters. The name of a good book. A new technique for learning. A helpful resource. An inspiring practice. An interesting fact. I will do my best to keep it relevant, interesting, insightful, meaningful. I hope it will be inspirational. For you and for myself.


These are the things I mark in pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...