Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Write Like David Foster Wallace

If you've ever tried to compare your writing style to your favorite authors (or if you're just curious), this one's for you.  On I Write Like, users can insert a sample of text into the analyzer and find out what famous writer their word choice and writing style compares with.  Who knows how this really works, but it has gotten some pretty solid recognition (check out the I Write Like blog) and it is great fun.  There are also a few other handy tools for writers on the site, including a blog of writing-related quotes, resources and recommendations.  I subscribed to the site's newsletter and was immediately emailed a link for a complimentary download of Short Story Writing: A Practical Treatise on the Art of the Short Story by Charles Raymond Barrett, Ph B.  So I'd say overall, I Write Like is worth a look.

I entered my last substantial blog post, Taking the Time to Write, into the analyzer, and here is my result:


I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...