Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beach Reading 2

We're off for another beach vacation this week, so I thought I'd share with you once again what I'll be bringing with me.  Amazingly enough I haven't actually finished all the books I brought with me last time.  I tend to set books aside when I get distracted by something else and sometimes it takes me a while to get get back to them.

This time we're trying to pack light so I'm being very realistic about what I can (will) read in a week full of hiking, snorkeling and other beachy activities.

Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

I've still (yes still) been picking my way through Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird.  This book is amazing and I don't want it to end.  I pick it up and read a little any time I need to be inspired.  But if I just go ahead and finish it I can always just go back and read it again.

Water for Elephants: A Novel 

I've actually bought Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants before another beach trip a few years ago.   It happened, however, to be the same trip that I started reading the Twilight series so you can guess what happened with that.  I've never gotten around to reading it since.  

I chose Water for Elephants because I was recently tipped off that it is being made into a movie.  I've heard great things about the book so I figured I should hurry up and get on the wagon.  Check out the trailer:




The SunOf course, I'll be bringing a few issues out of my big stack of unread Sun Magazines.  All the short stories, poems and interviews make for great beach reading (I highly recommend checking out The Sun at www.thesunmagazine.org.




By the way, if you want to know more about where I'll be spending my vacation go to www.maho.org.

See you in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...